Violin Rules

1) The competition, is open to the violin players of all nationality with NO AGE LIMIT.


2) ENTRIES DEADLINE:
All documents must be sent only by e-mail no later than midnight of the 30th September 2024 to the following e-mail address:
associazioneofb@gmail.com
specifying: “Labia Prize 2024 violin”


3) DETAILS OF THE COMPETITION:
The competition has an ELIMINATORY and FINAL round.
The ELIMINATORY round will take place in Malcesine on October 5th. 2024
The FINAL round will take place in Malcesine on October 6th. 2024

Candidates are required to prepare 3 pieces, two of which are to be played during the elimination round. The first is own choice whilst the second will be selected by the adjudicating panel, from the pieces presented.

The pieces to be performed in the final will also be chosen by the panel.
Repertoir: There is no limit in the choice of repertoire, except, each piece must be originally intended to be performed without the use of amplification or the accompaniment of electronic devices and/or instruments.
Only written music is allowed, NO improvisation (except for cadenzas, ornaments and basso continuo)

The association has an official accompanist available to you for an added cost of € 40,00.

4) PARTECIPATION ARRANGEMENT:
Participation in the competition is subject to the payment – by bank transfer- of a registration fee (non refundable) of:

A) PUPIL € 45,00

The category is open to any acoustic instrument, with or without accompaniment;
CANDIDATES must be born after January the 1st 2013

B) YOUNG € 60,00

The category is open to any acoustic instrument, with or without accompaniment;
CANDIDATES must be born after January the 1st 2004

C) SENIOR € 75,00

The category is open to any acoustic instrument, with or without accompaniment;
CANDIDATES must be born before January the 1st 1984

5) HOW TO APPLY:
The documents to apply for the competition must be sent via e-mail within the terms indicated (see n.2). They must included:
1 Application form in PDF or JPG format fully filled and signed. (Application can be downloaded from this website)
2 Copy of a valid identity document or passport in PDF or JPG format
3 Curriculum Vitae in PDF format
4 Proof of payment of the application fee for the competition


6) JURY
The Jury will be chaired by Maestro Cristiano Rossi (President), and made up of renowed musicians at the international level.

The Jury’s decisions are final. It reserves the right not to award any prize if none of the performances are considered worthy.


7) AWARDS
The three winners will receive:
1st Prize euro 350,00, official Diploma and 2 concerts
2st Prize euro 250,00 , official Diploma and 2 concerts
3rd Prize euro 200,00, official Diploma and 2 concerts

Please note that the prize money will be paid in two segments – 60% on the day of the final with the remaining 40% being paid after the concert).


8) GENERAL CONDITIONS AND PRIVACY POLICY
The winners agree to the recording of live performances for television, radio, audio and to their posting on websites, without any extra cost to the Associazione opera for beginners.
In accordance with article 13 of the GDPR 2016/679 (E.U. General Data Protection Regulation) we inform you that personal data provided by participants will be used solely for the purposes of the competition.


9) ACCEPTANCE
Participation in the “Labia Prize 2024” implies the unconditional acceptance by the participant of all the rules established by the competition announcement.


10) LEGAL NOTICE
The organisation reserves the right to change due dates and regulations at any time through the website www.labia-prize.com.
In the event of claims or disputes the only legal valid document is the present notice of competition in english, composed of 10 rules. The Court of Verona will have exclusive competence.